- Mon9:00 am - 12:00 pm (PST)
- Tue9:00 am - 12:00 pm (PST)
- Wed9:00 am - 12:00 pm (PST)
- Thu9:00 am - 12:00 pm (PST)
- Fri9:00 am - 12:00 pm (PST)
This studio uses a "game jam" format and is ideal for anyone who wants to take an idea for a 2D video game and make it a reality. By learning to apply basic programming and design techniques, students will work both individually and in teams to complete engaging games.
- Game design principles, including game balance and effective interface design
- The video game production process
- Coding basics
- Art and sound implementation
No prior knowledge or experience is required
Students must have access to a computer as well as additional hardware and software. Some programs or courses may indicate additional technology requirements, and not all programs are Mac compatible.
- Windows PC or Mac computer
- Broadband internet access with minimum 2 Mbps download/upload speed
- Display with a minimum resolution of 1024 x 768. While it is not mandatory, it is recommended to have a second monitor connected to the computer to extend the desktop. This allows the student to more easily follow what the instructor is demonstrating while concurrently being able to see the software environment that the student is working within.
- Web camera that is required for classroom management purposes
- Headset with microphone
- Three-button mouse
- Printer that can print from the computer being used for the class
04/05/2021, 04/06/2021, 04/07/2021, 04/08/2021, 04/09/2021
Participants must be 11 to 18 when the program starts.
Program enrollment capacity
Registration starts on 09/30/2020 and ends on 03/28/2021.