2022 Digital Cookie Marketing Magic Workshop
- Sat10:00 am - 12:00 pm (PST)
DigiPen Institute of Technology is pleased to be partnering again with Girl Scouts of Western Washington (GSWW) and AT&T to offer an opportunity to learn how to produce a custom video commercial to sell cookies on the Girl Scout Digital Cookie platform.
Participating Girl Scouts will attend a live online workshop on Saturday, January 15, 2022 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Pacific through Zoom. During this 2-hour workshop, Girl Scouts will hear from Tara Jones, GSWW Chief Revenue Officer, who will speak about the importance of the cookie sale. DigiPen will then conduct basic training on how to plan, shoot, and edit their own Digital Cookie commercials to post on their Digital Cookie webpage! Each participating Girl Scout will also receive a special "Digital Cookie" patch!
The registration fee for the event and training is $5.00 per Girl Scout. Please note that there is no refund for voluntary withdrawal.
- Please let us know during registration if you need the "Digital Storytelling Clapboard Patch" and the "Digital Cookie" bar patch. These are the same patches that were sent last year. Please select the materials option if you did not receive one last year.
- As this workshop is being conducted online via Zoom, each Girl Scout will need access to an internet device (eg. desktop, laptop, tablet) to watch the presentations and to ultimately edit their commercials. For households with multiple Girl Scouts, a single device should be adequate.
- Girl Scouts will need to have their own digital camera (e.g. digital SLR, a smartphone with a camera, tablet with camera) to video record themselves.
- For editing, DigiPen will be teaching how to use a web-based editing environment at https://clipchamp.com/. Girl Scouts will need to create a free account to use this platform but may also choose to use whatever other editing software that they may have (eg. Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, etc.).
- Due to the remote learning challenges for younger participants, Daisies, Brownies, and Juniors are recommended to have their parent/guardian present for the event.
- Each Girl Scout must register independently to participate as each will need to complete their own waivers. There is NO troop registration.
- By completing this workshop, Cadettes should meet the requirements for the Cadette "Digital Movie Maker Badge." Cadettes who are interested in receiving this badge are encouraged to discuss this with their troop leader to be evaluated and awarded this badge. Please note that neither DigiPen or GSWW are responsible for providing the badge.
Digital Storytelling Clapboard Patch (See patch image on the main page)
Participants must currently be 5 years or older.
Program enrollment capacity
Registration starts on 10/12/2021 and ends on 01/14/2022.